Why Retire in Moldova?

If you are seeking a place to retire that is somewhat similar to mid-America, Moldova is it. Nestled between Romania and Ukraine down near the Black Sea, Moldova enjoys a climate of 4 distinct seasons with the side benefit of very low humidity in the Summer. Excellent air travel connections to most major European cities and train service connecting to all of Europe.
Cost of living that is about as low as you will find anywhere and a personal safety factor that is just not found anywhere else I have been.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Accessing Your Money

If you read some of the "current" information I have seen on the internet about Moldova, you might be worried about being able to get access to funds.  It is absolutely not a worry, there are ATMs everywhere in Chisinau and in all the major towns and villages.  You can get the Moldovan LEU (pronounced lei) from any of them at the best exchange rates.  Just for safety, I recommend having a card that only works in an ATM and try to use it at the same ATM all the time.  Its not anything that I do just because I am in Moldova, its a safety measure I always use when traveling.  Major credit cards are accepted at most large stores and if your card does not use a PIN code for transactions I would suggest you get that changed. Again something I do when traveling anywhere outside the U.S. 


The banks in Moldova are solid as a rock, ultraconservative and the Moldovan banking system is one of the highest rated in the world.  They offer interest rates on CDs that I will not even mention here because you would not believe me.  Just need to be here and see it for yourself. The Moldovan currency is also very highly rated and the exchange rate is reasonably stable. 
The banks offer a whole host of services and  naturally are connected to the rest of the world for wire transfers through the SWIFT system.

No comments:

Post a Comment