Why Retire in Moldova?

If you are seeking a place to retire that is somewhat similar to mid-America, Moldova is it. Nestled between Romania and Ukraine down near the Black Sea, Moldova enjoys a climate of 4 distinct seasons with the side benefit of very low humidity in the Summer. Excellent air travel connections to most major European cities and train service connecting to all of Europe.
Cost of living that is about as low as you will find anywhere and a personal safety factor that is just not found anywhere else I have been.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Escape the Insanity!

I left south Florida almost 6 years ago. After almost 17 years in Florida, I finally got tired of the summer heat and humidity. I like warm weather, but Florida in the summer is a life of moving from one air conditioned "box" to another. Not to mention the fact that all the stores always keep the A/C on "meat locker" setting, so you come in out of the heat to a sudden chill then back into the heat..hello pneumonia!

So I packed my bags and moved to Moldova in summer of 2004. I have not looked back. I have created this blog so that other retirees who may be now interested in escaping the general disaster that is now the U.S. economy and political scene might know about my secret little country called Moldova!


No comments:

Post a Comment